Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three songs

Song #1
The first song is What is Going On by Marvin Gaye. It was written in 1971. It reminds of a kind of wedding song because of the lyrics and the way the song sounds. The main sounds in this song are bass, drums, vocals. snapping and sometimes keyboard. One think I really like about this song is all of the vocal layers that this song contains.

Song #2
This song is Diamonds in the Soul of her Shoes. It was written in 1985 and sung by Paul Simon. I like the African twist Simon puts on this song, I love the a Capella sound it has in the beginning.  I also like how to me it has a sort of island sound and makes me think of the keys or the Bahamas. I also like the horn instruments in this song, it gives it a nice unique sound.

Song #3
This song was written in 1994 by the band Live. The genre of this song is obviously rock. The main instruments in it are drums, bass, guitar and vocals. The drums have a nice steady beat and the bass line guides the song a long. This is a more upbeat song which i enjoy and it also has multitudes of vocal layers which harmonize very well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment